Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dry Skin Solvers

I have always had dry skin. And as many of us know, dry skin equals dull, lifeless skin. It often means redness and irritation, too. So pretty.

The good news is that I have discovered some products that work miracles for my very dry skin. The best part, most of them are very cheap!

So here is the list...


If you also suffer from dry skin, you know that cleansing your skin can be a rather upsetting task. Cerave's Hydrating Cleanser ($13 depending on where you buy) makes cleansing comfortable! It doesn't lather, which takes some getting use to, but I think that makes it all the more gentle.

Remember when I mentioned redness? Well, the genius' over at Eucerin created a whole line that target just that. The Eucerin Redness Relief Lotion ($15 ish) is soothing, light, and it has SPF. When the lotion comes out of the pump, it is green, which helps to neutralize redness—red+green=neutral—this also takes some getting use to, but if you have redness, it won't take long to love this!


I find that no matter how good a moisturizer is, sometimes I just need something more. Introducing the Eucerin Professional Repair ($8 ish). This stuff is seriously good. Seriously. I am not going to pretend to know the science behind it, but it's amazing. My only tiny complaint is that it can feel slightly sticky. But, if you don't use too much, that isn't a problem!

Night cream. A part of my skincare routine I have just initiated. This one, also by Eucerin, is part of the same Redness Relief line ($13 ish). I notice a visible difference when I wake up in the morning after wearing this. It leads to soft and calm skin. I couldn't ask more of a night cream.


Last but not least, eye serum. And yes, I am a believer in serums, not creams. I have dabbled with eye creams for a while, however they never really stuck with my routine. Part of the reason for this is that I felt the creams left my eyes heavy and puffy. This Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment ($38) is great for those who want light-weight hydration. I notice that my under eye looks a little tighter and a little lighter when I use this consistently.


So that sums up the bulk of my skincare routine. Yes, there is the odd bit here and there, but this is the master list. I would give anyone my full recommendation for any of these products. Please let me know if you try any of them! I'd love to know.

Til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment