Monday, November 26, 2012

Matrimonial Monday!

Image Courtesy of bellethemagazine.com

I'm back! I decided to take Thanksgiving week off from blogging, which ended up being a good decision, as it was one crazy week.

Today I'd like to say a word or two on bridesmaids, specifically, bridesmaid style.

Bridal fashion is so different than it use to be. No longer are the days of ruffly-teal dresses with sky high shoulder pads, to which the bride claims "You can definitely wear this dress again!" There are now so many ways to let your bridesmaids maintain their individual style, while fitting in with the brides aesthetic, and ultimately looking fabulous.


Image Courtesy of exquisteweddingsmagazine.com

I personally love the look of mismatched bridesmaids dresses. Maybe you have a sexy, sassy bridesmaid, or maybe you have a sweet, demur bridesmaid. If you go with different dresses in the same color family it allows everyone to shine! (I am obsessed with the picture above!)


A tight up-do is rarely a good look on me. On some ladies, it highlights all of their features. For this reason, I want to work with each of my bridesmaids on finding the perfect look for them. I'm not a lover of symmetry, so I am more than happy to have variations in all of my bridesmaids. This includes hair, makeup, shoes, jewelry...you name it. I want my bridesmaids to be comfortable and confident.



My point: let your bridesmaids be them! Making the wonderful, unique women you have picked to be in your wedding be something they aren't not only won't look good, but it won't feel good. Work with each bridesmaid to strike the perfect balance of both of your styles. Because even though they are representing you that day, a girl always has to represent herself.

Til next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment