Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Fall D.I.Y.

Silver Glitter Pumpkin from Target

The minute my local grocery starts stocking pumpkins, I can't wait to get my hands on some. I love the use of pumpkins in decorating, so this year I decided to do an easy and obvious DIY involving them.

This is so easy, in fact, it hardly needs a DIY. But here is it anyway!

You'll Need:
Pumpkins
1 can of metallic spray paint 
Paper grocery bags (or anything you can use as a drop cloth)

Step 1: Clean your pumpkins with a damp paper towel and let dry.


Step 2: Set your pumpkins, bottom-side up, on the flat paper bags. I know my bags are a crumpled mess. I'm kind of slapdash—one of my favorite words, by the way.

Step 3: Spray the bottoms. Make sure to consult the paint can instructions.

Step 4: Wait until pumpkins are dry, flip them over, and do the tops. 

Easy!

I chose gold for this DIY, as I love how it warms up a room. But silver is gorgeous, too. Metallic paint in general, no matter the color, would be excellent for this project. 

Give this DIY a try for a beautiful table centerpiece, fireplace-scape, or random bit of glamour in your bookcase. 

Til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment